When I decided to "niche-out," and focus on being an eating disorder/ body kindness coach, I realized I needed to get creative and focus more on branding. So, I came up with the most dope-ass body loving blog name ever- "Baby Got Back" with the tagline: "Reclaim your Booty."
People might be wondering, why did Meg name this blog, "Baby Got Back?"
I chose to name this blog "Baby Got back" for a few reasons.
1) While the lyrics may be questionable, The Sir Mix A Lot Song, "Baby Got Back" is by far, one of the most body-loving songs on this earth. I grew up in the 90's and went to middle school and high school during the 00's. Whenever the song came on at a school dance or even at bars or clubs nowadays, the energy in the entire room changes. Women suddenly become more energized and holler with excitement. They even put more energy into dancing, which always helps revive the dance floor and get the crowd going. Almost 100% of the time everyone belts the lyrics, and everyone starts dancing with a little more body love- moving their hips, twerking, getting low. It also brings all the wallflowers to the floor. I swear, the song has a magical effect on every crowd. But this might be the least important reason.
2) **THIS IS THE MAIN REASON** There's a double meaning- The obvious meaning is all about having a boooootaaaay. But when it comes to recovery, having a booty and loving it can be a battle in itself. As a writer, I want each reader to rejoice in their booty and their body. The second meaning is more closely tied to recovery. To recover means "to return to a normal state of mind, health or strength." In a sense, it means to "get back" to normal. So, "Baby Got Back" also embraces the act of getting your relationship with your body and food back to normal, or better. Also, when you recover, you get so many things back, including your freedom, your joy, your body etc. In some cases, you even get your awesome butt back if you lost it in the process. (hehe).
3) I love my booty. (Hey hey)!
4) The little person on my logo also has a cute butt if you haven't noticed yet.
5) It's catchy AF and original. Boom.